April 1, 2010

Spring break fun...day 6

It was soooooo nice to sleep in this morning. No school drop off, no getting up to go somewhere...just sleeping in.

A few weeks ago Rose spent the night with Grandma. They made a breakfast biscuit ring but my mom could not find her recipe, so they did it by her memory. When I read her the ingredients later she was like, OOPS...forgot that...and that. So I told Rose we would redo it the right way. Today was the day. It's super easy...I'll leave the recipe at the bottom of this post.
I use a pie plate and put a small glass bowl in the middle upside down. That creates your ring. After nuking the biscuit ring, you take the glass bowl out before flipping it on the plate.
As you can see, I did not have any chopped nuts in the house. I LOVE it with chopped walnuts.
The recipe:
Breakfast Biscuit Ring
2/3 stick butter, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp water
chopped nuts
1 can of biscuits, cut into quarters
cinnamon, to taste
Combine ingredients in the glass pie plate(around the small glass bowl) adding the biscuits last. Microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove small glass bowl. Flip over onto a plate.

So easy...your kids can make it. I made this as a kid all the time. The hardest part for a child is flipping it onto the plate.

So what is Rose up to now? I offered her the chance to clean my car. Kids are so money hungry they will do just about anything for a few bucks.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Yum! Kinda like Monkey Bread? I had no idea you could microwave those little biscuits!

{Kimber} said...

Yum!!!! We call it monkey bread too I think...we may have to actually try to make this :)
I'm off tomorrow so hopefully we can try for then!

Nicole Kaminsky said...

Oh I remember you used to make those for me when I was little. Love them thanks for the recipe. I never knew how to do it.