June 14, 2010

Gettin' my creativity on...

So, Rose graduates the 8th grade on Tuesday. We went dress shopping at Kohls and found a really nice dress on their clearance rack. 70% off! Can't beat that. I could not find any jewelry to go with the dress that I liked, Rose liked or any combination of the two. Well, our Michaels is right next door. I started thinking that maybe making the jewelry would be a better idea. So off we went. I decided to match the jewelry to the new shoes Rose bought with her allowance. The dress is black and white. The shoes are a purpleish/lavenderish color. Rose got to pick out the pewter charm. She choose a cute flower.



Here is her necklace and bracelet! That bracelet won't even go around my wrist! The necklace was made at 16". That is choker size for most people but will fit her more loosely. The bracelet is about 6 1/2". Her wrists are 6" around. The bracelet probably won't even fit her in a few more years. Photos of it on her will be taken on Tuesday. I'll post after pics then.

8 comments:

starnes family said...

OK, I didn't even know what a bead landing was. Or that it exists. Awesome!

{Kimber} said...

wow!! you did such a great job...etsy store in your future?! :)

Jenilee said...

your jewelry is beautiful! thanks for stopping by my blog today. :)

Jenilee said...

your jewelry is beautiful! thanks for stopping by my blog today. :)

Brandi said...

Duh. Forget my email... I didn't see this until now. GREAT job! :)

Nicole Kaminsky said...

Love it! Every time I go to Michaels I think about doing that!

HeatherOz said...

I love it! I've always wanted to make jewelrly. Now I just need to find the time!

Cassie said...

That is so pretty! You did a great job!