June 16, 2010

It's official, we have a 9th grader now

The morning of her graduation. It was very foggy outside. This was at 7:30 in the morning right before we left for school.
Yes, I let her graduate without her glasses. Sue me!
In her cap and gown. (I only got to wear a cap and gown for my HS graduation. Now kids wear them for everything. I think it takes away some of the glory from HS.)

By the time the ceremony started the fog had burned off and it was bright and sunny...and hot! Here, the kids are coming in at the beginning. Rose is about half way down the stairs.
Getting her diploma.

Newly graduated...and now a 9th grader!
With grandma.
Celebratory cupcakes. The frosting was not purple. It was black. But it had a purple tinge that obviously showed up in the picture. The food coloring was gross. It did not give me a true black and it tasted nasty. I ended up scraping off the gross frosting and replacing it with chocolate frosting. The cupcake wrappers were adorable!

7 comments:

{Kimber} said...

you forgot *beautiful*
beautiful 9th grader!!
:)

Brandi said...

Oh my gosh, she's so adorable! I swear she looks exactly like my SIL did when she was that age. No lie. That is funny that they have such a 'to-do' for passing 8th grade. We just got a report card. ;)

Well, y'all did a great job on picking out the dress, making the jewelry... I even loved the shoes (I couldn't picture lavender shoes w/a black/white dress when you mentioned it, but it works)!

Congrats to Rose!

Liz Mays said...

That is so wonderful!!! Now for the big time in high school. I can't believe it!

She's so pretty!

starnes family said...

She's darling. Congratulations! Cupcakes look good, too!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

I wish I looked that adorable going into 9th grade! What a beauty! And, I LOVE her dress!

Mrs. NB

Cassie said...

Congratulations to her! Love her dress & those cupcakes look sooo good.

Tina said...

I just read Brandi's comment, she does kind of look like her SIL!! Isn't it funny, I knew B's SIL, and DBub's mom & step dad years before I met DBbub & Brandi. And we only met them because we were neighbors for a few years. Funny how small the world is.
Anyway, I am really into leaving long comments today. . .BabyG has already had two cap & gown pic's/ceremonies and she is only going into the first grade!