September 16, 2010

Before and After

I came across a blog hop that had my name written all over it. It's called before and after hosted by Pixel Perfect. You show 2 pictures. 1 straight out of camera(SOOC) and 1 that has been edited. Here's my go at it.

My friend and I, with her kids in tow, went out to the mountains a few weeks ago to explore a camping area we both knew growing up. This campground has a little creek that runs through it. We let the kids play in the water for a bit. It was tentative at first as they were unsure of getting into a pool they could not see through. Although, I'm not sure why...they go to the beach all the time. I grew up swimming in water holes like this. Actually, THIS water hole!!!

Before(SOOC)
After
I use a Canon Rebel xsi and Photoshop cs5. (I love the actions from Pioneer Woman...and they are free!)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice edit! Really boosts the water.

Mommy2Four said...

This shot makes me smile! Nice job!

Heather said...

Cool shot! Great contrast in the edit. :)

Brandi said...

Love it! I really like how you got the splashing of the water to stand out(and, for the record, I NEVAH, EVAH go in water when I can't see my feet). ;)

HeatherOz said...

Great shot! Thanks for the info on free actions! I will definitely be checking that out!!

Snapshotsofhappiness said...

Such a happy shot. The edit really defines the water. Great job.

Tina said...

I love your edit, the water looks AWESOME!! Great job.

{Kimber} said...

great edit!! I love

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

I love how detailed the water splashes are in the second photo...great job!

starnes family said...

Good job. I love Canon everything and am dying for a Rebel. One day.

Kari said...

VERY good! Love how crisp the water looks!