September 24, 2010

Friday Fix-it #72

 
Just for fun, I am joining in with iheartfaces for a Friday Fix-it. I can't pass up this awesome opportunity to practice my mad skillz.

(Original Photo)

 (My mad skillz)

What I did:
I lightened it a smidge;
flatten;
used Coffeeshop Golden Vintage action;
on vintage layer I painted over the people
with a 50% opacity to darken them back up;
flatten;
 I used the Glamour shot action so I could clean up dads face;
on the skin mask I used a 25% opacity on dads face;
flatten;
I cropped the picture;
then for fun I rounded the corners;
DONE!

p.s. I think this is hilarious...whenever I use a different character like # in my title it always turns it into a smiley face. It must be the font, I s'pose!

11 comments:

Jessica said...

Love your edit! so pretty! Your blog is great as well!

Tiffany said...

I love this!

FootPrints said...

love it! and the crop too

HeatherOz said...

It looks great! I really love that you let us know how you fixed it. That's what I need to figure out how to fix my pics!

Dee said...

So often I like the IDEA of the vintage look more than I like the finished look, but yours came out great!

Brandi said...

That is so awesome! It looks like you gave dad a shave! Love the coloring on the photo. Great job!

Tina said...

I do think you have mad skillz!! (All I can hear right now is Napolean Dynamite) I like your edit the best.
Have a good weekend!

DreamaReneePhotography said...

I love how soft. Great edit!

Jessica Marie said...

I love your mad skillz! Too cute! Lovely edit!

starnes family said...

OMG. That picture. Before or after. Needs to be in a magazine. Where do you send it?!

Absolutely darling.

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

Wow, that shot looks beautiful - love the edit.

BTW, I tagged you at http://www.flyinggigglesandlollipops.com/2010/09/blog-awards-tag.html