October 28, 2010

Before and After


~Before~
 ~After~
The top picture is so dark because it was dusk and I was trying not to use my flash. I didn't realize they were coming out this dark. I check every couple of pictures for exposure and they had been fine. I should have bumped up my iso. Oh well! I was just messing around and actually got a few really great pictures of my niece. I like this picture but wouldn't call it great.

I shoot with a Canon Rebel xsi and edit with Photoshop cs5.

I used PW action slight lighten:
adjusted the levels;
flatten;
PW action Lovely and Ethereal;
flatten;
Coffeeshop action Ice Pop;
turned off gradient map 1 & 3;
adjusted levels on gradient map 2;
flatten;
brightened the eyes a tad;
ran my action for resizing and watermarking;
uploaded to blog...
the end!

This is the first time I used these particular actions together like this. I kinda like the effect. What do you think?

6 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

You've done a great job pulling the light and color out of this photo. Great work.

Ashley said...

Beautiful! This seals the deal for me, I'm asking for Photoshop for Christmas! I want to learn!

Kristen Laudick said...

Great edit!

HeatherOz said...

I love that shot!
How do you brighten the eyes?

Jessica said...

Love the edit! Gorgeous! Your photography is amazing! I am a follower now!

Sarah said...

Wow, great edit!