If you are lucky enough to own your home then rejoice. Having a landlord sucks. Having MY landlord REALLY sucks! She has gotten worse and worse in the last 6 months. I don't even know what we did to upset her. But then, we don't seem to do anything right around here.
We are good tenants. We pay our rent on time. We don't smoke. We don't drink. We don't do drugs. We are quiet. We seldom have friends over. When we do have friends over we still don't do any of the above. Our friends are good people. Why does our landlord hate us? I have no clue. She won't talk to us about it. We get notes about our ever changing rules taped to our door.
Yesterday, I parked my car wrong thinking I was going out again but changed my mind due to the torrential downpour. I forgot. Hubs came home and had to park wrong too. Oops. I asked him to fix the car situation. He wanted to eat dinner. The landlord had not been to her house in the past 2 weeks(her mom is sick and she's been staying with her). Guess who shows up during dinner??? Yup, the landlord. The note taped to the door this morning was to remind us where OUR 2 parking spots are and to NEVER park ANYWHERE else again. We live on 1 1/2 acres, by the way! She didn't even let me explain that it was a one time thing that we corrected right away.
Anyway, this has me pissed! Well, I've been angry for a while now. This just took me over the edge. I've been looking for another place to stay. My mom has offered us to live with her for a while(hopefully to save and buy a place soon) but hubs first wanted to see if we could find another rental. The problem is we have a couple circumstances that make most rentals impossible. We have a big ol' mutt! It's kinda hard to find a place that will take any dog let alone a big one. The other big problem is hubs medical. His home dialysis requires a lot of supplies. The supplies take up a lot of space. Most apartments don't even have a garage or outdoor storage space for his supplies. Rental houses are really expensive in CA. We were lucky to have found this one. Little did we know it was owned by the wicked witch of the west.
No matter what we WILL be giving our 30 day notice with our next rent check. I'm done here. No more playing nice! It looks like my mom has a couple new tenants...just in time for Christmas!
Luckily, I get to let off some steam this weekend. We are going camping. My mom and I leave tomorrow and Chuck will meet us Friday evening. It won't be very warm but at least the rain is supposed to be long gone. I'm excited and it will be Kassie's very first camping trip. I hope she likes sleeping in a tent!
7 comments:
I don't understand why they had to be so hardcore about it. Geez!
Yeah, just get out of there and don't deal with that psycho any more!
I bet she can't find better renters!
Ugh, no-one needs to deal with that. Glad you are getting out of there! Have a great time this weekend!
I didn't realize your husband is on home dialysis. My sister is, too. I know quite well how much space you need for those supplies.
Sorry......I prefer to own, but California seems to be the place to rent right now. Wish you had someone who appreciated how great you are!
H! I found you through Ashley (plus three). Just had to commiserate over the finding rentals with a giant mutt. It's so difficult. Why must a nice landlord be so hard to find? Good luck!
Pam my heart truly goes out to you. I understand. I just got away from the apartment, and apartment manager from Hades! My best friend just moved away from there last weekend, and is now living just up the hill from me.
I lost my husband, suddenly two years ago. Moved in with my son and family. Had planned to stay there six monts to a year (by their request with their landlords permission) until I could get financially and emotionally stable again. Three months into my grief was told by their landlord I had to leave or buy the place! I'm differently abled living on SS, so was unable to buy any home, much less that one. I moved into the first apartment I could find. Turned out my new manager also rented to college students, drug dealers, prostitutes, etc. It was a beautiful place in one of the most upscale areas of our small town. Who would have guessed?? I got very little sleep or peace for the year and a half I lived there. Finally could tolerate no more, moved back temporarily with my son (without my stuff, more like an extended visit), and finally to where I am now, week before last. This apartment is more expensive, but soooooo quiet, peaceful, full of light, and the manager here is a wonderfu, wonderful young lady that I would adopt if I could! I so hope you, your hubby, and your pet find a nice place to live soon with an angel of a landlord/lady!!
I hope your trip went well!
You two definitely need to get out of there! There is no sense on living somewhere your landlord makes you miserable at. It is unfortunate that housing is so expensive here in So Cal. It makes things nearly impossible for people to live their lives comfortably.
Post a Comment