December 31, 2010

It's New Years Eve baby!

Wow, 2010 was a crazy year.

~We continued our year with our niece Rose living with us.
~ Rose challenged us daily.
~We finally got her to enjoy reading.
~She finished and graduated the 8th grade.
~Her final grades were all A's and B's.
~My mom and I took a 2 week road trip to take Rose back home to her parents.
~Along the way we saw the Winchester House of Mystery, rode the Roaring Camp Railroad train, saw the Golden Gate Bridge, drove through the Redwoods, went to Crater Lake and drove down the Columbia River before crossing into WA and on to my sisters house.
~On the route back we passed Mt Shasta, the Castle Crags, toured the Jelly Belly Factory and also Hearst Castle. We drove the last leg on the famous Highway 1 along the CA coast(actually, we drove up that way too cause it's a gorgeous drive).
~Chuck and I got back into a routine as a childless couple.
~At the end of July I started a diet.
~I started diving into my photography.
~I took my first photography class with Faith at Simplicity.
~We started having problems with our landlord.
~We gave our 30 day notice.
~I signed up with my second photography class with Faith.
~We spent all of November packing and cleaning the rental house.
~We moved back in with my mom(eeek).
~In early December we were flown into Nashville, TN for a transplant check-up for hubs(everything is good. He's still on the list and moving up).
~While in TN we made a dash up to Knoxville to see our friends. It was awesome! We even got to attend our old church.
~It snowed while we were there.
~We had to drive in that terrible snow.
~I talked hubs into spending a few hours walking around the gardens at the Opryland Hotel. I got amazing pictures.
~We made it home safe.
~Hubs got a really bad cold.
~He then passed it on to my mom.
~My mom missed Christmas dinner at my Aunts house due to her cold.
~We went and had a great time.
~Tonight, the last day of the year, we are spending it with friends. We hope you all have a safe and fun night. Don't drink and drive!
~I am finishing this year off 61 pounds lighter!

3 comments:

Tina said...

Wow, what a year! And 61 lbs. is a HUGE accomplishment, yay for you! Enjoy your night tonight, we will also be hitting the road in about an hour to visit the bubs. Pray for safe travels!!

starnes family said...

Seriouly.......61?! That is beyond awesome.

Winchester = fantastic. I'd love to go one day.

Happy New Year, friend!

Ashley said...

What a year you've had. I love the recap because I missed the first part of the year. I look forward to seeing what 2011 brings.