January 5, 2011

I need this fisheye lens!

My mom and I went in search of snow. It is a rare treat in San Diego when our local mountains get snow. Along the way we met a photographer who was the nicest man ever. After chatting for a few minutes he asked me if I wanted to try his fisheye lens.

Uhhhh...

YES!!!!
So, I put it on my camera and started shooting away. He suggested the self portrait. Hehe...gotta love it!

Get this...we met him at another good snowy spot and he asked if I wanted to try his other lens. It was one of those huge, hefty, heavy mega expensive lenses.

I, of course, said...

YES!!!

It was a 70 - 200 zoom lens. It only costs about $2000! After shooting with it for a couple minutes my arm was sooooo tired. I was ecstatic! We won't be able to afford a lens like that for a long time!

If any of you come across me somewhere and want to let me try your expensive lens then bring it on. I'm up for the challenge!

11 comments:

~Shari said...

OH how sweet that he allowed you to use his cool lens!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Fun... and a great pic, I might add!

Mrs. NB

Ashley Sisk said...

Jealous!

Kari said...

How fun! Love the fisheye lens. Where are the shots from the other one? I need to invest in more lenses, but I first need to really learn how to use my camera :o) Told you, you inspire me!

Ashley said...

How amazing!

Liz Mays said...

What an incredibly generous man. So fun!

Stephanie said...

How much fun is that!! Gotta love the random nice folk:)

Brandi said...

I wondered what a fisheye did! *ooh's and aaaah's* Neat pic! And what a WAY COOL dude! :)

Anonymous said...

Makes for a neat shot!

Anonymous said...

Too fun. I like the fish eye lens. I want one of those.

HeatherOz said...

That is the friendliest stranger I have ever heard of! Very trusting to let someing use a $2000 lens! But very very nice!