July 25, 2011

I've got a cronic case of the nothings...

This summer has been such a struggle for me. I just don't have the drive to do anything. My camera has been cast aside. It barely gets used for the 365 photos. If I had not made the commitment to do that project I would probably never pick up my camera. Every week I write down the prompt words for the scavenger hunt and then proceed to NOT shoot any pictures for it. I've done this week after week after week for a couple of months now. I just don't know what to say. I love photography but I'm in the worst slump evah!

I had my niece and nephew overnight from Saturday to Sunday. On Saturday my mom and I took the kids to the Viejas Outlets to play in their water fountain. They open the fountain up to the kids during the summer in the daytime and it's FREE! At night they do a water show which is also free.

All day Bradsen complained of a tummy ache but seemed fine. At 9 PM we set a movie up in our bedroom for Kathleen and Bradsen fell asleep immediately at the foot of the bed. An hour later he sat up, gave a funny look then threw up all over the foot of the bed. The poor guy got a 24 hour virus. After cleaning him up and moving him to a more permanent sleeping spot for the night he slept till 9:30 the next morning. Lucky him...he got to play the wii all day Sunday. Very unusual in our house.

Hubs went to Northern CA for 2 weeks for work. I'm all alone!!! Weeeeell...my mom's here, but otherwise...I'm aaaaaallllllll alone!!! Whatevah shall I do with myself? Today I went to Ikea. Tomorrow??? Hmmmmmm...(insert evil laugh here...)







5 comments:

heritagemom said...

Hi, Pamela,

I know what you mean about "slump." I use my camera every day, but I'm stuck in a "what do I shoot?" mode! (Except for portrait shoots, anyway.) I think you did a great job with these shots. The one of your niece peeking around the pole is precious. Love it!

Christine

Anonymous said...

Such nice shots. It's hard to be in slumps like that. Enjoy your time with your mom.

Liz Mays said...

That is truly summer there. What fabulous captures of the water in action!

Brandi said...

The fountain is awesome! Sorry to hear you're in a slump! :/ I would love to take pics all day right now, but I have difficulty with the set up. I need an extra set of hands... like an assistant to chase the baby and put her back where she goes so that all I have to do is snap pics. LOL. ;)

Ashley said...

I am just catching up on posts and was about to say, you've been so committed to your 365! Ha blogging can be deceiving. I know what you mean, I get in to slumps too! I hope you enjoyed your time alone, it's precious! :)