January 18, 2012

Edit Me...

Edit Me

This weeks photo is from Marilyn who blogs at The Artsy Girl Collection.

SOOC by Marilyn
Edited by me
What I did:
I used Photoshop cs5,
I used Pioneer Woman's action Heartland,
adjusted the layers in the action till I liked it,
added a mask to slightly remove the action to the boat which allowed the color to bleed back through. (I only wanted a little color to come back so I kept the opacity on my brush low.),
flatten,
Done!

13 comments:

Heather said...

I like how you processed this, and make the boat stand out in more. Great job.

Marilyn said...

AWESOME processing.. I love the pop of color and the sepia tone around.. This is very unique.. Thanks SO much for sharing your process.. Very BEAUTIFUL. The boat stands out and the sepia feel is warming.. LOVE it.. Officially your newest follower here ;)) Look forward to indulging in more photo fun features from you.. Wishing you an amazing evening.. ~Marilyn

Denise said...

Looks great...I started to go for an edit like that, but I'm glad I didn't, yours looks way awesome! Thanks for stopping by and checking mine out... :)

starnes family said...

Love the color coming through and the reflections. Beautiful!

Sarah said...

Looks like a painting! Whenever I try selective coloring it turns out cheesy, but I must be doing something wrong--It looks great when done right! Nice work!

Lindac said...

I can never achieve this effect so I love seeing those that have done it.
Really like the boat standing out from the background, it kinda draws your eye away from some of the distractions to the side.

Melanie said...

This is such a cool edit! Love the little bit of warm colors coming through the reflection!

Courtney said...

Very cool effect. I like it!

Amy S said...

This is AMAZING! :) Love LOVE LOVE! great job !!!!

Kirsten Harr said...

I love how you kept the boat in color to keep attention on that.

Unknown said...

Very cool processing!

FYH said...

Love this effect...such a creative edit!

Unknown said...

Very cool edit, Pam! Like a dream!