January 28, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday


Smile
No, I didn't manipulate this pic in Photoshop. The moon was in this position.
Stand Alone
It takes a special kind of funky to be able to walk down a pink flowery path!
 Rusty or Something Old
This definitely represents the something old. The original picture of the Kissing Sailor was taken on August 14, 1945. Victory over Japan Day! San Diego has a huge monument downtown on the harbor next to the Midway Museum. (The USS Midway is an aircraft carrier that has been decommissioned and sits in our harbor. It's open to the public to walk through and tour. It was recently featured on American Idol too.)
Artificial
Repeating Patterns
It's a stretch, I know. sigh

20 comments:

leanne can blog said...

Love these! That moon smile is wonderful! Love the sailor shot too!

Wendy said...

Great set of pictures but my favorite has to be the moon! What a lucky find! Thanks for sharing.

Valeria said...

Beautiful artificial image. Love it.

Anonymous said...

Love the kissing sailor - I've seen that monument many a time & I never grow tired of it. My boys & I have been calling the moon the Cheshire Cat smile all week. Didn't even dawn on me that it would fit the smile prompt! LOVE it!

Ebony said...

Smiling moon! Of course... what a wonderful set!

Tamar SB said...

I believe you about the moon! I saw it in the same position too!! And love the macro of the pom seeds!

Abby said...

Seriously can't pick my favorite! Love them all!

a shutter bug said...

The Moon, The Moon !

Nicki said...

Brilliant choices - I love the lighting of the artificial flower.

bluebird love said...

The moon shot is gorgeous!!

Susan said...

Nicely done. The moon’s smile reminds me of the Cheshire cat.

Andrea Dawn said...

Very nicely done! Love the moon and artificial.

trulymegs said...

I saw the moon that night, but my photos didn't turn out as good as yours. Great job!

Lori said...

Great job on the moon,it's been so beautiful and photogenic lately! And I love the artificial it's beautiful!

Gina Kleinworth said...

Well done Pam- you know that statue is one of my favs. Partly because I know that if I am seeing it in real life- it means that I am HOME! :)

Ida said...

These were all quite wonderful but I think my top pick is Smile (I so wish my little point n shoot could capture the night sky like that).
Followed closely behind by Stand Alone.

Seizing My Day said...

fun kissing statue! and the moon... beautiful! I saw that moon... but couldn't capture it with my silly little snap and shoot =)

Ashley Sisk said...

I saw that same moon but couldn't capture it while we were driving home. Great shot.

Jessica said...

I absolutely love all of these! I took one of the moon, too, but didn't think to use it for smile! Love it. :)

BF said...

I love all of these shots, but like many others I think that moon is fabulous! Nice job!