So, my friend Gina over at Chic Homeschool Mama has posted several times with photos of the night sky. She gets gorgeous star shots. I've never shot the night sky and had the stars show up. I have tons of practice with shooting the moon...but no stars! Gina was willing to share her tips on how to achieve this. Tonight when I drove hubs to the airport I noticed the moon was a sliver and almost over the horizon. Perfect chance to get out there with a black sky. I got the stars ok, I just need to work on my focus. I had to shoot in manual focus as my lens won't focus on a dark sky. But to manual focus I have to be able to see what I'm shooting. Hard to see the stars through an eensy teensy little window. All in all it was a little frustrating but I was still excited to get something. I'm more convinced than ever that I need upgraded equipment! Hubs isn't as convinced. I know for a fact *fib* that every shot I take with a Canon 7d will be simply perfect.
I drove about 15 minutes east outside of the city towards our local mountains. Such a gorgeous dark sky in the country. This shot was facing just to the left of the city lights. You can see the little dipper.
I drove about 15 minutes east outside of the city towards our local mountains. Such a gorgeous dark sky in the country. This shot was facing just to the left of the city lights. You can see the little dipper.
This shot I turned my back to the city lights and shot towards the mountains.
Yeah...so if you have any focusing tips for me to get crisper stars feel free to leave me a comment. **Seriously, I need help** Yes I was using a tripod and a remote trigger.


2 comments:
I think they're beautiful, Pam!
Nice job! I especially like the second one, but both are just lovely!
Post a Comment