April 4, 2012

Edit Me...

Edit Me

It was so weird to be on the other side last week. I missed participating! But, I'm baaaaaaaack!
This week's photo is from Alicia at Project Alicia. I'm more than a little jealous of the fisheye lens. It's on my wish list!!!

SOOC by Alicia
 My edit
Hold on to your seats cause I went a little nutso...
What I did:
Opened the photo in Photoshop cs5,
adjusted the curves to add light,
masked the light back off the clouds(any changes I made to the lighting drastically changed the clouds so I simply masked it off),
ran Pioneer Woman's action Fresh and Colorful,
adjusted the layers to taste,
masked it off the clouds,
added a solid color{soft yellow} at soft light,
adjusted the color opacity to 15%,
added a solid color{white} at soft light,
adjusted the color opacity to 50ish%,
ran Pioneer Woman's action Fresh and Colorful(again),
adjusted the layers to taste,
ran a high pass filter,
adjusted the opacity to 40ish%,
Flatten(actually, I flatten all my layers as I go),
done!

14 comments:

Kaylene said...

I was exhausted after all your edits..but what a great effect. Bravo.

Heather said...

This is Beautiful! I love how you did this edit.

Liz Mays said...

I like how it's still gloomy and ominous, but yet there's hope in it because of the lightening you did. Love it!

Brandi said...

I completely agree with Liz. Really fabulous.

Andrea {kerubo mama} said...

Beautiful!! You really did this photo justice.

Gina Kleinworth said...

So well done- LOVE how you made it look so bright & brought out all the details.

Laurie said...

I love the clean and bright look of this edit! And thanks for detailing your editing process. :)

Unknown said...

Totally cool shots. That looks like a lot of steps but totally worth it.
They look great!

k*handtke said...

Love how fresh the beach looks. Your edit is so well done!

alicia said...

One word, WOW! This is a remarkable transformation. You brightened it and yet still managed to leave the drama and energy in the sky by masking it off. Brilliant work. Think I need to take photoshop lessons from you!

Stephanie said...

You did a wonderful job Pam! It's so clean and bright but stays true to the original photograph.

Sarahmumof3 said...

oh wow that is a lovely edit! I'm new to the Editmechallenge, love looking at everyone sinspirational edits!! following you too so I can see more of your fab work x

Unknown said...

Amazing, Pam! The light makes it even more surreal, which is the goal of fish-eye in my opinion ;) WOW!

The Artful Diva said...

I love how you changed this from winter to spring!